Smedley's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some (potential) fairly major PoP bugs

5 posters

Go down

Some (potential) fairly major PoP bugs Empty Some (potential) fairly major PoP bugs

Post by Plutonium Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:41 am

I have encountered a few things that have raised some eyebrows for me, but I can't say all are "bugs" persay, but at least worth looking at, as well as a suggestion or two.

The first major bug that applies to PoP (and some other zones) is with mobs that have scripts to spawn them, i.e. Fennin and Coirnav. When someone fails the script, the untriggered version will have spawned, and then the script will spawn again X hours later and the untriggered version will remain up, and if/when the script is completed any number of previous untriggered versions will spawn with the one that is spawned from that instance of the script. I saw three Fennins up today (Woses can attest to this, as I had to have him kill two to make the event doable). There is a #Coirnav up with no trigger, which makes me think when the trigger spawns and the event is complete, two #Coirnavs will spawn.

This leads me into my next potential bug: Is Guardian of Coirnav's timer wonky? I saw Fennin script respawn after a few hours (I suspect after the recent changes, this is normal), but after like 4-6 hours of constantly checking Coirnav (and not seeing anyone else kill it), Guardian still wasn't up. I might be missing something, but I was pretty sure Guardian is the trigger.

Also, with PoEA trials, I don't know what is going on, but they are either bugged or not respawning. I killed Tantisala AND Dust Ring (not knowing how to do other rings as there is so little information on progression in Elemental). I figured others weren't up. Learned how to do others, came back, Dust and Tantisala were both up again, killed Dust, and tried doing other rings. Killed all the necessary mobs for all three rings and nothing ever spawned to continue any of the rings.

The same thing with trials is happening with the two lower level Avatars (Wind and Smoke) for the Xegony key. The other two Avatars (Mist and Dust) worked just fine, but that still results in no key. I cleared the floors several times and the events never started, I got never got the first (well, second) waves. It had been several hours since anyone had been in the zone that I could see.

A couple suggestions:
I've been playing a lot, and I have a suggestion specifically for pet classes (to encourage them actually getting played). Pets die and are too difficult to keep alive in the midst of everything. The problem with pets dying, as a Beastlord, my character's melee capabilities are severely lessened (no double attack, etc) because it is expected I will have a pet alive adding to my dps. However, with how strong AEs are and how long it takes to cast a pet heal, this is not a viable option at all. I lose serious downtime with the 4 second pet heal. I would say as a remedy, either make the pet heal fast (like CHeal) or add pets to character boosted regen, perhaps even at a lowered rate (50% a tick or something)? It is just frustrating to be maxxed on AA with pretty decent gear and still barely putting out any dps. This would make necros and mages much more viable classes as well, in my opinion.

Ornate molds: This seems to be an overwhelming problem. Everyone wants ornate, no one has the tradeskills (as there is no motivation since this server has no economy, which is great, btw). There is no motivation for anyone to level up the tradeskills for any ornate but their own, so it is hard to come buy anyone who can make ornate mats. Maybe simply make ornate a turn in (including elemental ornate), with some platinum cost? Like instead of 500p, make it 2000 and the mold to make the armor? Or at least add this as an alternative? Just a thought.

Rawr.
-Pluto

Last edited by Plutonium on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Plutonium

Back to top Go down

Some (potential) fairly major PoP bugs Empty Re: Some (potential) fairly major PoP bugs

Post by Woses Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:05 am

I believe that script is written to spawn Fennin once a task in the zone is completed and it doesn't check if he is already spawned from the task being completed at an earlier time, thus the 3 Fennin Ro bosses last night, John, I'm going to need to be able to access scripts for such a reason as to fix them and allow for things to work properly when neither of us are around, without me being there he couldn't have taken on 3 Fennin Ro's. And yes, I believe the same thing happens with Coirnav, the event to spawn him is completed, but he is never killed, so he stays, thus the same thing with Fennin Ro.

Yes, there isn't much of an economy, and what there is is the higher levels giving back to the starting players. A script for the Ornate Armor can be written,with the proper capabilities to make such a script. The pet heal could be a pet-class-wide heal that is currently in game and give it a slight boost and reduce the cast time, as to provide a more combat-capable heal that is directly pointed towards your point so you don't have to switch targets mid-combat.

Woses

Back to top Go down

Some (potential) fairly major PoP bugs Empty Re: Some (potential) fairly major PoP bugs

Post by Vampriss Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:28 pm

I like the pet heal for pet classes. Not sure if the HP regen of pets could be increased to match players (considering diff pets, that might be a coding nightmare)...But if so that might be a quick fix.

PoP was a frustrating time as a pet class since they were useless in boss fights. Luckily on this server my little necro can stand toe to toe with the lesser bosses while the ole pet hacks away!

Vampriss

Back to top Go down

Post by Plutonium Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Another alternative for the ornate problem is maybe adding the final tradeskilled mats necessary (cured ethereal energy, ethereal sheet metal, etc) to mobs with a low drop rate? or just replace ethereal/strands entirely w/ these drops. Or maybe have bosses drop 1-2 a kill. Idk, just a thought.

-Pluto

P.s. Coirnav is definitely broken. He just will not spawn.

Plutonium

Back to top Go down

Post by Plutonium Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Council in PoEB may also be.

And when I say broken, either the timers are wrong (still far too long after adjust) or they just won't spawn period. I have no sense of which it could be.

Plutonium

Back to top Go down

Post by dewmtont Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Rallos Zek the Warlord is not respawning correctly. I killed him around 8am this morning and he still hasnt respawned as of 1pm. I was told his respawn was 7600 seconds but maybe that information is wrong?

dewmtont

Back to top Go down

Post by Smedley Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:21 pm

bunch of spawn timer inconsistencies just fixed just now. shouldn't have the double spawns anymore. let me know if you do.

Smedley
Admin

https://smedley.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dewmtont Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:22 am

The stomach event in torment is either broken or not respawning correctly. The 1 time i got to do it i sat in the stomach for around 20min and nothing happened. I just need Keeper kill for elemental flag so i need the key to spawn it

dewmtont

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down