Smedley's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GM Mumford and why I was frozen for 5 hours.

4 posters

Go down

GM Mumford and why I was frozen for 5 hours. Empty GM Mumford and why I was frozen for 5 hours.

Post by StevethePirate Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:07 am

I have really truly enjoyed playing on this server as it is quite a relaxing way to pass the time. However after watching me play for only minutes he asks me about an exploit that I had reported MULTIPLE times to Lightning as well as John himself. In fact my very first day on this server playing as Grumpy the dwarf I noticed this was wrong and reported this issue post haste. Since that time no actions have been taken to fix this bug nor contact me in any way even though I have submitted two seperate petitions and sent multiple tells in games to the GM's about this issue.

However Mumford asks me about this exploit, and not knowing him personally I tell him that I will once again speak to john or Lightning about this issue. I wasn't trying to be rude and in fact prefaced my statement by saying "I do not wish to be rude, however I have never seen you before and feel it would be wrong to report a bug of this calibre to a new and possibly corrupt GM. (I thought this because he was casting Cazic harmtouch on NPC's as well as wearing vex Thal gear that he had killed and looted). Not only was I wary for a few reasons I also had just seen him help Kugbok, Laughter and their alts kill Rallos Zek in potactics by casting spells and buffing them.

So being wary of this I refuse and tell him he may want to handle situations like this in a more professional way, it is at that time that he uses GMLOCK on me for 5 hours and tells me to be more respectful of GM's in the future.

I don't know what the heck happened nor who he is, but I would seriously hope that Smed or Lightning take a look at this and really take some action regarding this completely unprofessional attitude of a new GM.

Also it comes with pictures on request of Mumford killing NPC's with Cazic touch and telling me In exact quote

Mumford tells you, "Hope you enjoy your 5 hour freeze."
You tell Mumford, "I really tried to not be disrespectful."
Mumford tells you "Well honestly u did a horrible job!"

StevethePirate

Back to top Go down

GM Mumford and why I was frozen for 5 hours. Empty Re: GM Mumford and why I was frozen for 5 hours.

Post by Cylex Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:19 am

Wow, that's kind of obscene. I have to agree with Steve that the GM was acting inappropriately in regards to the assisting with killing npc's. I don't endorse exploiting, but I have no knowledge of the one mentioned and can't really speak on that.

Cylex

Back to top Go down

GM Mumford and why I was frozen for 5 hours. Empty Re: GM Mumford and why I was frozen for 5 hours.

Post by laugher Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:26 am

For the record Steve came up as we were killing the spawned versions of vallon and tallon, killed the one we were killing and proceeded to take down the rest of the placeholders almost instantly and then I didn't see you until real RZ was dead. Once those were killed I jumped down into the pit alone, harm touched rz and when he got to about 30% kugbok joined in on his monk. At no point prior to kugbok being in the pit was there anyone else in it but myself, and 10 seconds or less later RZ died from the residual dot of my Harmtouch (the whole kill took about 30 seconds-1 minute-ish one I was in the pit). At no point did GM Mumford buff us or intervene, the kill was done by HT dot. Very Happy Hope this helps, hope everyone enjoyed their flags. Sorry for the mixup Steve.

laugher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylex Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:28 am

Yes, thanks for the flag, it was very much appreciated! Very Happy

Cylex

Back to top Go down

Post by StevethePirate Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:32 am

laugher wrote:For the record Steve came up as we were killing the spawned versions of vallon and tallon, killed the one we were killing and proceeded to take down the rest of the placeholders almost instantly and then I didn't see you until real RZ was dead. Once those were killed I jumped down into the pit alone, harm touched rz and when he got to about 30% kugbok joined in on his monk. At no point prior to kugbok being in the pit was there anyone else in it but myself, and 10 seconds or less later RZ died from the residual dot of my Harmtouch (the whole kill took about 30 seconds-1 minute-ish one I was in the pit). At no point did GM Mumford buff us or intervene, the kill was done by HT dot. Very Happy Hope this helps, hope everyone enjoyed their flags. Sorry for the mixup Steve.

Ahh I didnt catch the damage part, But I sure as heck gtot his buffs just like you guys did.

StevethePirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Woses Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:54 am

I see that John may not have time to look at all the forum posts, but I will personally speak with Mumford about the whole 5 hour freeze thing, as a Guide he has the power to do so, but I have no idea as to why he felt the need to do it for 5 hours, I'm sorry that happened, if it happens again, or another GM does something out of the ordinary, such as this, feel free to post here. Thanks, Woses.

Woses

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum