Smedley's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tradeskills Discussion

+2
Pantyhose
Blyxxx
6 posters

Go down

Tradeskills Discussion Empty Tradeskills Discussion

Post by Blyxxx Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:58 am

Hello everyone this is Ivar and I'll keep this short. Great server, honestly my favorite EqEmu server I've ever played and there's been about 15 I've really put time into. I was thinking tradeskills would actually amount to something on this server and attempted tailoring. I played for a few hours really getting nowhere on pelt/skins drops along with silk. Tried 4 different low level zones to no avail. If things were a bit dropping a bit more heavily I'd be much more inclined to spend the time on side content. There's really no satisfaction in the fights as you one shot everything for the mats.
It would really be nice to be able to /ooc or /gu searching for prismatic dye, or a velium fur cloak for an old but fun quest. Plus it would get more people playing together and guilds interacting. Just a thought feel free to put in your two cents all. - Ivar.

Blyxxx

Back to top Go down

Tradeskills Discussion Empty Re: Tradeskills Discussion

Post by Pantyhose Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Tradeskills seem to be going up live-rate...I'm a tradeskiller and I doubt I'll take up any trades.
Pantyhose
Pantyhose

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylex Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Increasing the rate in which tradeskills go up would be great. I would absolutely take the time to work on them.

Of course, increasing the rate at which tradeskill mats drop would also be a very welcome change.

Cylex

Back to top Go down

Post by Woses Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:17 pm

As I do not see a way in the database to increase the tradeskill skill ups, I will try to find a way to do something about it. Once this change is made you should be able to go through the levels of the skill at a much more manageable rate.

Woses

Back to top Go down

Post by Plutonium Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:14 am

I still think my suggestion about having the ornate be a turn in instead. You give Bor 2k, he gives you emblem, all you do is give Emblem and the pattern and he'll make it for you. Something along those lines. *shrug*

Plutonium

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylex Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:31 am

I agree with Pluto on the ornate turn ins. Also, Woses has stated if we can make up a list on here with commonly needed tradeskill materials for each tradeskill, that he will look into making vendors to sell these materials at discounted prices. If anyone has a good list of these materials, or has a link to some, please post them on here.

Cylex

Back to top Go down

Post by dewmtont Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:11 am

Could you not make a quest to give max tradeskills? I feel that would be a far easier way to go about it. Also you would only need to have a vendor to sell the ornate/elemental regeants

dewmtont

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down